Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Break!

Well Spring Break is almost at an end. I am not sure I used the break as productively as I could do. However, I am sure that I used it to refocus and to rest. Maybe being recharged, I can be productive in the days to come. *As needed.
I hope to finally bake some cookies for some wonderful friends of mine. It's a great recipe from TLC's Take Home Chef. They are Peanut Butter Chocolate cookies. So good! They are best the day after you bake them. The peanut butter flavor really comes to life.
I also hope to finish my around the house list, paint touch ups and furniture stuff. Well here's hoping I utilize the time I have, resting, working or cooking.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
1c. Organic Peanut butter (it really does make a difference)
¼ c. honey
1 ½ c. flour
1-5oz chocolate bar (I use Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar)

Preheat Oven to 350°. In medium mixing bowl cream together baking soda, brown sugar, and butter. Drop in 1 egg and mix thoroughly. Add peanut butter and honey, then mix. Scrap batter off beaters into bowl. Fold in flour with sturdy spatula or large mixing spoon. Break up your chocolate bar into desired piece sizes. Fold chocolate pieces into batter. Drop by rounded teaspoon full onto cookie sheet. Bake 6 cookies to a sheet. They bake up and out while cooking. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, depending on how chewy or crispy you like your cookies. Let rest on cookie sheet for a few minutes when they come out of oven before transferring to cooling rack. When the cookies are completely cool you can really taste the peanut butter! Store in airtight container and enjoy!!


These are really easy cookies to make. You use only one bowl and there’s not much mess to clean up after. Also feel free to use chunky peanut butter or different kinds of chocolate. My sister loves dark or semi-sweet chocolate pieces— to each his own! The broken chocolate pieces make them look a little more gourmet than the chip variety. Enjoy!

No comments: