Friday, April 11, 2008

Jess

" …For decades we had shared a friendship with no secrets, no disguises and the wisdom to know that such a great friendship was rare. I remember reading once that your enjoyment of something doubled if you realized how lucky you were to have it. If everyone had a huge diamond on their finger, or if sunsets were universally scarlet and gold, then we wouldn't value them at all. It was like that with us."
-Maeve Binchy's Whitethorn Woods

It's like that with my friend Jess and I. She is so wonderful. She's beautiful inside and out. She loves people and all her friends will tell you that! She is a woman much loved. She loves God and right now feels like she is at the best place spiritually that she has ever been. She has been dealt some very serious blows over the years and she has come out on the other side depending on God more and more. She is funny as hell, and a wonderfully talented wordsmith. God allows the most amazing episodes of beauty and quirkiness to find her in the most unlikely normal places. She is constantly becoming surer of who she is and what she wants in life. She courageously reaveals her true self in her writing. She is unafraid to express the real desires of her heart. I only wish I could be that brave.
I thank God that in whatever we face in life he has given us each other. She will always be friend of my heart. I know that she only wants good for me and that I only want good for her.

My sweet friend know you are so loved!

This is one of the most beautiful manifestations of God's mercy to man, that we are able to have relationship with others.

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."
-Kahlil Gibran

No comments: