Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's Done

It's Done. I turned the resignation letter in yesterday and it was good.
I prayed for peace and that my words would be tempered. That I would not say the perfect things, just what needed to be said. I was simple. It was simple.
I wasn't old enough to remember the times my Pop put in his resignation at our other churches, or maybe I wasn't actually present. But this last time I remember the hurt, and the dissapointment that the people I loved felt and I think in some way I was worried that it would be that way here.
Well as my Pop pointed out that was a whole different ballgame, Pastor for seven years vs. youth and children's for two. A whole different set of expectations and a whole different investment. And since he won't be reading this... He was right!
I will be missed, but God is in this and his people were gracious and loving to me last night.
Thanks to you all who prayed for me, and my people.

No comments: