Friday, May 5, 2006

Nic's Dream...

Nic was hosting SNL. As funny as he is it's possible. He had just finished the opening monologue and the crew was getting ready for the first skit. It was taking place on an old-fashioned ice rink, the kind with bleechers for people to sit on. I came up to him and said, "You've had a hard time this week in practice, but I know you've got it now." He said he had NO idea what "it" was or even what the skit was about.
The next thing He knew He comes on camera and two girls are fighting on the edge of the ice. They are dressed like ice dancers and are pushing and yelling. "Ladies, there's no reason to fight," Nic says as he walks over to try and break them up. They both look at him like he had a mule growing out of his forehead. He repeated the line and then looked at me, the director. I was mouthing something that looked just like the line he had repeated twice. He figured I knew what was supposed to be going on. so he repeated the line again.
So I walk over and literally pull a plug from the wall, at which point the whole place goes dark and the crowd and other actors are gone. I say to Nic, "In the history of Saturday Night Live we have never, ever, never, ever had to cancel a broadcast. Now thanks to you this will be all over the news when people find out."
He woke up and his first thought was "Man, I'm glad that was a dream. My fans would have been so dissapointed."
This dream was posted with the permission of the dreamer. This was a dramatization of fictional events.
*Also note that I would never pull the plug on anyone, though I am flattered that I was an SNL director.
I laughed long and hard about this one! Thanks Nic.

No comments: