Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Enjoy?

What do I enjoy about New York?


Going to school to eventually do the 'thing' I've wanted to do for a while.The mystic: you know! Everywhere you go its New York. Walking down the street, going to the park, everything is just very New York. I like that. I like the seasons: the leaves changing, the snow, the flowering trees. The museums, the book stores, the history and the multicultural perspectives (whatever that happens to be). The different languages spoken all over. Russian, Yiddish, Spanish, Portugese, Italian, and different dialects of Chinese. And there's the native accents. I like the boroughs. The subway. Central Park. The Statue of liberty. The marina's and beaches. The stores (everywhere). The food! Though it has its good and bad side, I enjoy the pride that all the NY-kers take in being in NY. I love our church. It's not necessarily that southern sort of friendly but its a place of truth and compassion and light. It's benevolent and holy. I like that. I learn from it, I grow out of it. I enjoy being near my family. I enjoy alot of things and I enjoy this time. I know (at least I think I know) that I won't be here for long, so I enjoy being here, being in NY.
Thanks for asking Jocelyn.

No comments: